Friday, February 26, 2010

Relationship With God



"The Lord wanted something more than an obedience-in-exchange-for-blessing business arrangement. He wanted a relationship, and relationships require intimacy and trust in equal portion." (Swindoll)  

It is the most amazing gift that I am blessed with, and I am so thankful to have a personal relationship with a God that I have never met or cannot see. But I can hear His voice and feel His presence, and trust that He has planned my day and will give me the strength to endure it. I desire continuous communication with Him all day, and rather than devoting myself to selfish religious or business deeds, I must instead trust Him and follow His path and His will.

"God looks for hearts that are humble and seeking a relationship with Him, willing to respond in obedience to His guidance." (Burke). 

We are declared righteous not by earning or deserving it or by our good deeds, but by responding to God's grace given to us, and by believing and trusting God to fulfill His promises in our days of sin and difficulty. Because sin and difficulty surround us daily! But rather than trying to maintain control over our lives, we must abandon ourselves to His will.    

"When one receives God's grace through faith he or she is considered righteous and treated as such despite his or her current behavior. Contrary to the most common misunderstanding of God's expectations of humankind, we cannot be declared righteous through obedience to His law." (Swindoll)

My relationship with God is more profound than any other! I believe that above all else, God's desire is to establish a personal link and connection with me. He has opened the door and invited me in, and I feel so BLESSED that I have entered! I hear His voice, and feel a very special bond and association to Him. I look forward to trusting Him in every step forward and to enjoy the journey in His presence!


"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:2-3)





No comments:

Post a Comment