Monday, February 8, 2010

True-Faced


Lord, fill me with your grace today. I don't want to be an impostor for your love; I want to be completely honest and truthful in my desire to know you.

I do not want to put on a show for you Lord; I want to be true-faced and full of grace.

I am not an actor; I want my actions to be inspired by you. Thank you for adopting me into your kingdom. I am not worthy for your love, or even for the love of others. My love can never compare to Yours, but I want to get as close to it as possible.

I want to know you better than I know myself. I want you to encompass every crevice of my mind, body, and spirit.

You know my heart, and if I trust and love you more, others will know mine. I'm not here to please you through deeds alone; I am not here to put on a show. I am here because you created me so, I am here to perform Your will.

I trust you, and I am longing to trust You more. I am here to love you, and desire to love you more.

Only you have the power to fix me, broken as I am. Only you can deem me worthy of Your praise, no one else on this earth can.

Let me live only for you, let me dismiss those who are un-true, and pray that they too will become true-faced.

Written by my daughter...Lyndsay :}

No comments:

Post a Comment