Sunday, March 7, 2010

Joyful Confidence

We live with joyful confidence in the assured expectation that Christ will one day set all things right. It's the joy of knowing that we have been renewed and that we are in the process of becoming more like Jesus. It's the kind of joy we experience when things are going well and we can anticipate His coming again without unpleasant circumstances to distract us. (Swindoll) 

 

It's been a challenging week for me not only being away from family, friends, and fellowship while opening a new store, additionally I have been sick all week! And although I am always so optimistic and excited to travel, meet new people, and just be amidst the excitement of a new store opening, I am the worst "sick" person ever; I am not happy having "down time"! I often struggle pulling close to, and focusing on God when I don't feel well, when I KNOW that He has planned my days for a reason...in this case, to rest and slow down. So, this week I have taken pleasure and been thankful to God for peace and rest in my spare time. I remind myself that it is not my agenda, but HIS!  I want to believe that I can live through sickness and through health, happiness or sorrow, or any pressures and anxiety that I may have~with joyful confidence~ knowing and anticipating, with appreciation, what He has planned for me. I must be inspired to deepen my relationship and dependence on God instead of relying on myself to figure it all out.

"The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31)

"In order to soar, we have to face an adversity or challenge that is coming at us threatening to knock us down. Only then, through His power and might, can we rise and soar above our problems. When we feel overwhelmed and inadequate we have the greatest potential to soar, for when we are weak HE IS STRONG." (Tupyi) 

I am thankful for a week in which I have (really focused on!) concentrating on God's will for me, not being "self centered or self righteous" but experiencing joyful confidence that this is just what I needed! I look forward to returning home in anticipation of reuniting with my family and friends. I appreciate the peace that God has given me, and will make it my priority to accept good days and bad, praising God for the strength He has given me.......

"Mature believers experience a kind of joy that transcends all other considerations because it is anchored in their "peace with God," their reconciled relationship with the Almighty. They live with joyful confidence despite the afflictions of a fallen world, despite the physical consequences of past sin, even despite their failure to live as they ought." (Swindoll)   




No comments:

Post a Comment