Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Redeem Me!



In my constant search for daily happiness, well-being, and harmony, there are always daily challenges and temptations that get in the way. I have learned far too many times in the past that the further away I am from communicating with God, and when placing other people or things in front of my relationship with Him...I am self-serving and lost to the joy I am longing for. For too many years I have temporarily strayed from my Father, and become "cold". Thankfully He always rescues me and brings me back! He redeems me! And I think I finally get it! Being "on fire" for God and living my life in accordance to His will, provides me with more daily satisfaction that any earthly material thing possibly can.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:23)

"All of humankind has been enslaved to sin by virtue of our moral debt. The law of God demands payment in order for us to be considered "righteous" or "just", but we are hopelessly unable to pay enough out of our own goodness. We need a redeemer. We need someone to pay our debt for us. And according to the gospel, we have such a redeemer in Jesus Christ, who paid it in full." (Swindoll)

As long as I am constantly seeking His word and striving to be obedient to Him, knowing that I battle constant setbacks, I know that I can depend on Him for redemption. I believe that God restores my relationship with Him, and we remain united.

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." (Ephesians 1:7)

Upon fully understanding that I am freed by His redemption and everlasting love, I realize that I am under His Lordship; I am dependent and owned by Him. I must continue on my daily path to mature and grow spiritually and allow His will to be my will.

"The greatest blessing that we can obtain is the blessing of redemption through Jesus Christ. The ultimate blessing for the Christian is the completion of our redemption through Christ." (Cunningham)

No comments:

Post a Comment