Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love On Valentine's Day

 



I am loved! "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassion's never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him'". Lamentations 3:22-24

I love this verse, because every morning when I wake I feel God's love, and express my love for Him. There is no greater feeling than knowing I am loved by my heavenly Father. Although I can't physically feel or touch God, it's a love I can feel deep inside my heart and soul. "Earthly love is only of the here and now, but the love from above has the future in mind." (Kendall)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched, but are felt in the heart" (Helen Keller)

The gift of love is the greatest gift of all. Sharing love with others is a high priority on my "to do" list. How much better does it make people feel than to know they are loved? Love is grace renewed, and it is the number one thing that Jesus has instructed Christians to do.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (I Corinthians 13:4-7)

Let me share the love God has so generously given to me, and let it shine out from my heart and touch everyone I meet today!

"Jesus made it clear that what matters most to God, second only to staying in loving connection to Him, is how we love people. Believe it or not, where we need to "see" God's power the most is not in miraculous provision, or even in breaking harmful addictions. We need His power most to break a much more harmful, powerful addiction-the addiction to self. Only with God's moment-by-moment help can we learn to be other-centered." (Burke)

No comments:

Post a Comment