“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.” (Psalm 100:1-2)
- Music is a vital part of our devotion to God, (whether we are in church, at home, or singing out loud in our cars!) and brings us into His presence and prepares us for worship. It creates an atmosphere of joy that flows from a pure heart and a humble spirit.
“Sing, O heavens, for the Lord has done this wondrous thing. Shout for joy, O depths of the earth! Break into song, O mountains, forests, and every tree!” (Isaiah 44:23)
- A joyful noise means singing, shouting, and clapping unto God. He is awesome, and we need to shout about and let Him know every day that we are thankful for everything He has done!
“Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!” (Psalm 98:4)
- Songs are emotional, and affect us in a way that spoken words can’t. They help us to respond to God and His people, fill our hearts with joy and gladness, and cause us to lift our hands in praise!
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” (Colossians 3:16)
- Joy comes as we offer up to God the worship and praise of our hearts. Worship is giving to God the adoration, praise and thanksgiving of our hearts. We should be singing to God at all times because He has done marvelous things!
“Praise the Lord! How good to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how fitting!” (Psalm 147:1)
- Worship is loving God, connecting with God, and giving God thanks for who He is and what He has done for us. Why would we not sing out loud for the joy of it, as a gratitude?
“I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.” (Hebrews 2:12)
- When we sing to each other, we are building each other up. As we sing to each other about God and His love for us, we are expressing our thankful relationship to each other; it is one of the most enthusiastic ways we can communicate!
“Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!” (Psalms 95:1-2)
- God tells us that singing will be an important part of worshiping Him in Heaven when we are gathered around Him at the throne. We need to stay in “practice”, and keep in constant song to express our desire to seek God with all of our heart and to love Him with an everlasting love until that glorious day we meet Him face to face!
Linking up today with Tracy at Winsome Wednesday!