Saturday, April 21, 2012

God Has Something to Say About Our Day!



“The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17)

Who’s in charge of your day?


There is nothing more fulfilling than being rested and ready for the brand new day that God has planned for us. I love to start my day with thoughts of having Him by my side and helping me with whatever the day brings. God has something to say to us the minute we start our day, and if we begin our day without setting our minds on what He has to say, we simply don’t start out on the right foot. God can soothe, comfort, and embrace us with His never-ending love and desires to draw near to us. When we give our day to Him we are calmer, more organized and in control of being the kind of person He wants us to be. One of my favorite verses to start my day is Psalm 143:8: “Cause me to hear your loving kindness in the morning, for on You do I lean, and in You do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my inner self to You."  If we focus on being thankful in all things, and enjoy all He created throughout our day, we can embrace an attitude that will bring honor to Him. I know that if I do what God tells me to do, He will bless me with joy, peace, rest, and wonderful relationships.

“I will always show you where to go. I’ll give you a full life in the emptiest of places-firm muscles, strong bones. You’ll be like a well watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry.” (Isaiah 58:11)

I feel so humbled to have God on my side helping me handle whatever comes my way. I have found that my days start off so much better when I give my day to God. Life would be so much better if we didn’t feel we had to be in control of everything all of the time! What a relief knowing that God has a divine plan set up for our lives, and that He will guide us every step of the way. Even in the midst of our despair, He is always by our side, encouraging us and giving us strength as long as we communicate to Him through worship and prayer. He leads us to where we are supposed to be, and He is going to be with us every step of the way. As we look ahead and wonder about the future, we have hope in all things, because we know this single truth: God Himself planned it long ago. God has a rich and wonderful plan for us, and He will bring His plan to a perfect completion; I’m pretty excited to see what His plans are! 

“Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning” (Lamentations 3:23)

Linking up with Joan to Share His Beauty! 


Beauty in His Grip Button

9 comments:

  1. Oh how I LOVE that HE is in charge and I'm not!!!

    Do you have a Kindle??? Go over and get my new ebook FREE today!!!!! Wanted to let you know. ;)

    Blessings and BIG HUGS!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise - I think its about letting go and letting God and trusting that He has things covered. Great reminder that He is in control
    God bless friend
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first want to say Denise you did great with this post I see you use Lamentations I am reading that book again. God truly does have something to say about everything I wonder at times do we listen to Him as much as we should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, perfect timing this morning! Thanks for this right before I settle into QT and planning my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Denise,

    This is beautiful and a timely reminder from the Lord that He is with me, and goes before me always. He is for me and not against me and has a good and perfect plan for my life that He is working out.

    Blessings...Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, thanks for this reminder. RIght now I am walking away from a morning of feeling like I've been thrown under the bus. Ever feel that way. It's a good reminder to know the LOrd orders our steps. Every one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psalm 143:8: “Cause me to hear your loving kindness in the morning, for on You do I lean, and in You do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my inner self to You." I need to commit this to memory! Encouraged here, thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right about starting our day listening for the Lord! When I skip that special quiet time with Him, I feel scattered and unorganized. However, when I do, I feel comforted and strengthened to face the day! Thanks for the encouraging reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often wonder how people get through life without the Lord. Life can be difficult enough but I am so thankful for His presence in mine. I am so thankful for His protection and His guidance.

    Denise, I'm glad you came at the time you did to AZ. The weather has been incredibly hot this week.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete