Monday, April 16, 2012

Never Say Never


“Everything is possible for him who believes” (Mark 9:23)

I recently read this quote…
“Never say…
God I have a big problem!
But instead say…
Hey Problem, I have a big God!”

What “nevers” do you need to hand over to God?

“What is impossible for people is possible with God.” (Luke 18:27)


We need to be careful when using the word “never” with God because it limits His ability to work in our lives, and I have learned that I must never let the words “I can never do that”, or “I will never be able to handle this problem” come out of my mouth. We should never say never when it comes to what God can do! God’s power is displayed in our weaknesses and that should give us courage and hope; when we allow God to fill us with His power, then we are stronger than we could ever be on our own….

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians4:13)

When we say “I can’t do it”, God says “You can do all things!” Strength comes to those of us who desires to follow God’s path, and we must forsake the things that block His presence no matter what the circumstances or obstacles are that stand in our way.  Sometimes we just want to throw up our hands and say, “What’s the use; I can’t beat this thing; it’s too big for me to handle.” But we can’t roll over and quit because as God’s people we have the spiritual assurance to live free of fear; there is no “Never” that God can’t break through!

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Is there something new on our paths that we feel led to pursue? What’s stopping us? If we want to be more active and engaged in our lives, then we need to find the courage, faith, and trust to pursue our hopes and ambitions. When we really explore and face our excuses and fears we may realize that they aren’t real; they are just a by-product of worry and not believing in ourselves. God’s promises are very clear; His purpose is to strengthen us no matter what the situation may look like. Drawing near to Him insures us that His strength will dwell in us because His presence will be with us, and we have to have courage and faith when we draw near knowing that it is His will to make us stronger and to clear a path for us. Let’s quit saying “Never Lord”, but instead cling in faith to the promises that come from Who we put our trust in!

 “Never say never, for if you live long enough, chances are you will not be able to abide by its restrictions.  Never is a long, undependable time, and life is too full of rich possibilities to have restrictions placed upon it.” (Gloria Swanson)

Linking up with Joan to “Share His Beauty”


Beauty in His Grip Button

9 comments:

  1. Good word for this morning Denise. Something we need to remember always.

    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Denise I am learning that word more and more never say never for the moment I or us say it we find ourselves doing the very thing we said we would not say or do...AMEN

    I hope you had a lovely weekend and may you enjoy today's day..it's going to be a hot day here so I won't get outside today....they say 90 degrees and for me that is a bit to much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful word to start out the week...so true, and I needed the reminder. Now to watch my tongue and watch my Big God and not the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise - this: "We should never say never when it comes to what God can do!" sounded like a Dr Denise (seuss) statement :) Great post. All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me, amen
    God bless friend
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise,

    This encourages me. I like the idea of removing any obstacle that gets in the way of pursuing God. Often we think we have to remove obstacles towards our dreams. But as we earnestly seek God...that path will make His desires our desires. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fantastic quote. When looking at our problems we often fail to perceive just how big our God is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always sing to my sons from "An American Tale" "Never say Never whatever you do" - I am trying to raise my sons with an "I-can-do-it" attitude - of course, that doesn't address the "I-don't-want-to-do-it" attitude - which is where I live the never give up!!!

    Love the fighting spirit of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Denise! Love your quote, "Let’s quit saying “Never Lord”, but instead cling in faith to the promises that come from Who we put our trust in!" Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Charlie Brown picture.

    www.forthelifeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete