Monday, April 2, 2012

Are You Good Enough?


“For You are my hope; oh Lord God, You are my trust from my youth and the source of my confidence.”
(Psalm 71:5)

What do you do when…..
  • life is coming down hard on you?
  • you are worried or afraid?
  • you are challenged with something of great importance?
  • you aren't sure about yourself?
Sometimes I am faced with a new circumstance or challenge that frightens me to death! Will I be good enough, will I express myself in the right way, and will I succeed? I consider myself a pretty confident person, but I think I often let the opinion of others and the challenges in front of me outweigh my abilities and limit the potential that God has created in me. Does this sound familiar? Sometimes it is easier to just back off, and that’s when we begin to drift and coast along in the wilderness ignoring God’s purpose in our lives. That’s when we start feeling unfulfilled, and our lives will remain in the wilderness until we understand and submit to the heart and goal of the God who is in control of everything that touches our lives. Just like a garden that has great potential for growth and beauty, we can also blossom and grow if we make room in our hearts and minds to trust in His strength and look beyond everyone and everything that disables us to see ourselves as God sees us.

“We may all face times when our wings feel clipped, or where we experience difficult flight, where we would rather just sit and recoup. But life is to be lived feathers not to be stuck on a solely branch, to grasp each moment and enjoy it for all we can.” (Catherine Pulsifer~Fly Again and Soar)

Lacking self-confidence is all too familiar for some of us, and we struggle with it to some degree. The purpose of God is to make us stronger with an unshakable confidence, and to be successful in our lives, our confidence must originate from the right source! God believes in us even if we don’t believe in ourselves, and even when we are facing some pretty hard things in life (and it’s easier to just sit on the sidelines and watch), confidence will open the doors and free us from countless hours of wasted worry. By choosing to trust God no matter what, we can say and believe that in any situation we can accept ourselves as we are and grow to become the person He wants us to be.

“For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.” (Proverbs 3:26)


~Linking up with Joan to share His beauty~




Beauty in His Grip Button

15 comments:

  1. Oh, this is good for today...nice post! And Denise in case you are interested Rene Swope's A Confident Heart is Free for download until midnight tonight - I did a post about that! It seems in line with your writing today! God is talking to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Denise :) Something I know I struggle to find "purpose" sometimes...but, my "purpose" is ALWAYS in him :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with ya Denise. I'm so thankful that God believes in us even when we don't believe in ourselves. We beat ourselves up way too much!

    Have a great day...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this awesome post! Yes I believe I'll be safe in God' hands when I put my trust in Him, for He never fails and His plan for me is good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! He always equips us to do what He calls us to do. Walking in HIS confidence and calling and not allowing the enemy to frighten us, in the end, is a joy and excitement.

    Thanks for sharing this post on Sharing His Beauty (where I found you). It was very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a excellent post and when I think of myself to answer this question it's no! I am like Paul when he says nothing good resides in me but the Lord I boast the more so in Him for where He brought me..For our lips speak deceit and we need to place the coals upon our lips to cleanse them..thank you so much for this posting..God bless and have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I was suppose to stop by and read this tonight. This post was meant for me! That taking the easy road by backing off and then find your self just coasting along, is so easy to do when you aren't being intentional about living out with confidence who God created you to be. Denise this post is so encouraging and motivating to me. How do you hit the nail right on the head with your beautiful words? I think it's because you are doing exactly what God called you to do and that is to write and encourage others in HIM. THANK YOU!!

    Hugs,
    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written Denise! Often outwardly we can portray a confident self, all the time struggling with doubts and fears. I try to remind myself who I am in Christ. Then I don't need self confidence because I have God confidence. It's not about me but Him.

    I am finally getting to read my favorite blogs. Moving has taken too much of my time. I'd rather be doing other things like visiting here.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise,

    What a great post Denise! I absolutely needed to read this today. More and more lately I find myself in situations that leave me wondering if I said the right thing, it is stretching my faith that I lean in on Him and have confidence that He will put on my heart what it is He wants me to say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so right! It is so important for our confidence to come from the right place. In our own strength we can weaken and falter (or get all puffed up about ourselves!) but when we remember that the Lord is our strength we have true confidence -- the confidence that comes from Him! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Denise ok?
    come visit my blog and join my group of friends
    I'll be happy with your presence
    ***********************************
    hugs of Brazil
    happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your heart and wisdom. Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am between jobs right now and part of me has wanted to hurry, hurry with tasks, wanting to know what is next up ahead....but the Lord has been telling me to be still! Enjoy the time of rest, spend it in with, with him. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your words of wisdom. It is so true, making time with God should be the most important thing we do! Thank you for stopping by Leaving A Legacy today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recently asked God to tell me why He was so silent in a situation in my life. I felt that He should speak . . . but what I found was that His silence was begging mine.
    LOVE to you sweet sister!
    Here I am, refined once again. ;)
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete