Wednesday, February 29, 2012

We Have a Lot to Shout About!


“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.” (Psalm 100:1-2)

  • Music is a vital part of our devotion to God, (whether we are in church, at home, or singing out loud in our cars!) and brings us into His presence and prepares us for worship. It creates an atmosphere of joy that flows from a pure heart and a humble spirit.
“Sing, O heavens, for the Lord has done this wondrous thing. Shout for joy, O depths of the earth! Break into song, O mountains, forests, and every tree!” (Isaiah 44:23)

  • A joyful noise means singing, shouting, and clapping unto God. He is awesome, and we need to shout about and let Him know every day that we are thankful for everything He has done!
“Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!” (Psalm 98:4)

  • Songs are emotional, and affect us in a way that spoken words can’t. They help us to respond to God and His people, fill our hearts with joy and gladness, and cause us to lift our hands in praise!
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” (Colossians 3:16)

  • Joy comes as we offer up to God the worship and praise of our hearts. Worship is giving to God the adoration, praise and thanksgiving of our hearts. We should be singing to God at all times because He has done marvelous things!
“Praise the Lord! How good to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how fitting!” (Psalm 147:1)

  • Worship is loving God, connecting with God, and giving God thanks for who He is and what He has done for us. Why would we not sing out loud for the joy of it, as a gratitude?
“I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.” (Hebrews 2:12)

  • When we sing to each other, we are building each other up. As we sing to each other about God and His love for us, we are expressing our thankful relationship to each other; it is one of the most enthusiastic ways we can communicate!
“Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!” (Psalms 95:1-2)

  • God tells us that singing will be an important part of worshiping Him in Heaven when we are gathered around Him at the throne. We need to stay in “practice”, and keep in constant song to express our desire to seek God with all of our heart and to love Him with an everlasting love until that glorious day we meet Him face to face!

Linking up today with Tracy at Winsome Wednesday!


13 comments:

  1. I'm not so jubilantly tuned, so your blog is just right for me. Such a reminder makes (do) me realize that I have a choice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to sing! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise - I loved this list of scriptures so much I've printed it out to go over later:) Great post my friend and thank you for linking up! God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music was such a big part of my life growing up. My mom played piano and our family often gathered beside her to sing. Our songs ranged from Christian to Norwegian to ones like "I've been working on the railroad". :)

    Lately I've been playing Mandisa's song with Toby Mac called "Good Morning". I smile every time I hear it and find myself saying good morning.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure do have allot to shout about even when things are going wrong we have to shout because someone is always worst off then we are and if God woke us up to see a new day then shout. For the last two days I keep hearing Victory in my spirit. AMEN have a bless day sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of our missions verse: Sing to the Lord, Bless His name,
    Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
    Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples.
    Psalm 96:2,3

    ReplyDelete
  7. when my daughter sings...her voice gives glory to God!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello and God's peace to you and your family
    I hope you will forgive my bad English?

    Found your blog and was so blessed!
    You are welcome to visit my blog,
    and it is nice if you leave a message.

    God bless you and your family!
    Psalm 115 verse 15
    Romans 8 verse 32

    Greetings from
    Jan Samuel from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, well, I LOVE singing! Literally, I have my radio turned on to my Christian radio station in my home ALL DAY! My favorite thing to do is burst out in song in praises to the Lord throughout my day! Awesome post and reminder!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  10. My spirit is lifted high in just reading your post...Music does wonders for us as well as praising God...He loves to hear us rejoicing.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise,

    I love music, I have my radio permanently set to K-Love there is something about using music to worship God that just lifts my spirits and makes me feel close to Him.

    Blessings to you Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always say I have a singing voice only God could appreciate. And in fact He does find enjoyment in my praises. Have a great weekend Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes most often we are too quiet. We do have a LOT to shout about and give praise to the Lord. Even if we don't hold a tune well, we can still Make a Joyful NOISE unto the Lord and that certinly does include shouting.!!

    ReplyDelete