Saturday, February 18, 2012

Abounding Faith

“Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.” (Corrie ten Boom)


Do you stand firm in your faith? It can be challenging, right? It may be a long hard climb, and a long wait clouded by fear and doubt. But genuine faith is strengthened when we wait and believe that God’s promise will be fulfilled. There really should never be any doubt in my mind that God is always listening to my requests, desires, and dreams. True faith is never blind; instead we should all have abounding faith that is overflowing with the kind of trust we have in God that harbors no doubt, and asks no questions. Awesome thought isn’t it; to have faith so abounding with assurance and confidence, that we can blindly believe, trust, and follow God’s word and faithfully wait for Him to take care of our problems and concerns? How comforting to know that we can just sit back and wait for God to handle things for us! Faith is the victory in overcoming anxiety. We can go to sleep at night and wake up without a single burden because we know our burdens are on His shoulders.

“The fundamental act of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.” (Hebrews 11:1-3 MSG)

I know that are many times I let circumstances dictate the path I take. But if I will just wait to receive God’s word, I can turn my eyes away from the circumstance and focus on the greatness and faithfulness of God. It just makes no sense for me to cast my cares on God and then take them back again! I am perfectly content knowing that He is in charge, so why do I still have the urge to self-manage my life sometimes? How much easier would my life be if I would trust God with the results in all of my life circumstances? 

“It’s impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that He exists and that He cares enough to respond to those who seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6-MSG)

The only way God is going to have trust and faith in me, is if I approach Him with boundless faith, and actually walk the life of faith by putting it into action. By reaching out with the most abounding faith and confidence, I can be assured that His power can accomplish all things. Our genuine faith allows us to believe that God is true and trustworthy and can be relied upon completely. Faith gives us the assurance that God is able to fulfill all His promises, and it builds confidence, permitting us to place our life in God’s care for safekeeping.

“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.” Hebrews 10:22 ESV)

Linking up with Joan today in Sharing His Beauty...


Beauty in His Grip Button

13 comments:

  1. excellent post! You know Sis of all the verse in the bible I do believe this one is the hardest for us to do at times. yesterday I was having one of those not so good days I guess I was tired and weak and I just balled like a baby to the Lord crying and asking Him what now Lord? And my husband I tell you he just hates to see me cry he come running where I was and wrapped his arms around me asking God to give me what I need in comfort. It's not that we don't trust of have the faith it's the timing which can make us wonder what is going on. And so later that day I had to go back to God and make it right I had to ask Him to forgive me of my emotional mood I was having.

    I am always reminded that when I have those days I am not alone, David had many days like this where he would cry to God and ask God where is He, I don't think God gets upset with us the way we get upset with ourselves. For He is slow to anger and very compassionate with us. Great post sis. have a bless weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Thank you for sharing. My faith is constantly being challenged and tested and stretched. It's how God grows me up in Him. It hurts at times, but the reward is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Denise,

    Talk about a timely word. This is just the reminder that I needed to hear. Going through a situation with a family member and need to give it to the Lord. Thank you for this post. I'm going to print it out so I can read it again and share it with my husband.

    In our Sunday morning Bible study our teachers are going through the book of Genesis. One of the points that came out of our study of Abraham is "Faith is living life without scheming."

    How true that is and if I look at Abraham and see the results of his unbelief and what happened when he tried to help God that out to be a warning to me. What's more amazing is that God chose to include Abraham in the hall of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith is the victory in overcoming anxiety. I really like that. Sometimes it's hard to have in all circumstances but if we do things are so much easier! Great word today Denise.
    Hugs...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. "True faith is never blind . . ." Love your words. As always, I leave my visits with you feeling refreshed and inspired. Smiles and hugs to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faith! Amen. Thank you for a post of encouragement and a reminder. Blessings to you Denise.


    Jesus Calling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this wonderful post! "It just makes no sense for me to cast my cares on God and then take them back again!" That is so true! So often I will give my worries over to God only to find myself trying to carry them again the next day. Faith is a moment by moment and day by day walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I found your blog! I know I'll be encouraged and strengthened here!
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how our faith pleases God...that is an encouragement to me to continue to trust Him. Being human, sometimes I worry, but I have learned that whenever I look to Him in the midst of my troubles, He always blesses me with peace. I know that God has everything under control. He sees the big picture. I see only a snapshot...I am trusting Him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your posts are always filled with scripture and such an encouragement. I added you to my Encouragement page of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be praying for your dear friend. I know you will be a source of comfort, strength and inspiration for her as you are to all your readers. The verses you share and your outlook always leave me with a smile.
    Hugs to you, sweet Debbie,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have always prayed for more faith.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll say a prayer for your friend and I know you'll be there for her.

    I know too well those storms.

    ReplyDelete