Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nourishing Fellowship

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10:24-25)

My heart and soul requires a daily dose of fellowship. Without the support of other believers, I am more vulnerable to the stresses of life and the attacks of the enemy. Fellowship is a gathering of people who come together to worship and give thanks to God, and also to encourage and build each other up. Not only is it important for me to boost others up, I have a vital need to be boosted too! :) I know that I gain strength when I pursue daily activities and interactions with others. We give each other strength when we encourage and stay focused on the Lord, and it also helps us stay on course so that we won't be tempted by the trappings of the world. It's important for my well being to seek ways in which I can encourage and support others just as God encourages and supports me.

"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." (Matthew 18:20)

As Christians, we can't live in isolation. We need one another, and should gather regularly with other followers of Christ anywhere and everywhere as often as we can. It makes us stronger if we try to be of service and help in meeting our loved one's needs. Without the continuous nourishment of fellowship, not only can we not be a benefit to others, but we ourselves become starved of the benefits that come from being in these blessed relationships. Family and friends are our most valuable assets, and the encouragement we give each other is what helps us to push through to the finish line, win the race and fulfill God's purpose in our lives!

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." (I Thessalonians 5:11) 

So let's all be sensitive to each others need for encouragement, and offer supportive words. Let's all get involved in fellowship with one another, cherishing every moment and being thankful to God for the opportunities. After all, we will all spend eternity together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment