Friday, June 25, 2010

Rely On Him!



"Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6)

The past week has been a hasty and excessive week of stress and anxiety at not only work but in my personal life as well. By mid week I found myself getting physically and mentally sick with thoughts and worries, and although I participated in my daily prayers and worship (yes...only participated!) it hit me that I was not truly giving it to God. Since when do I think I have control? What kept me from fully relying on God? I completely lost myself in trying to manage time, money, and circumstances without dependence on God. How well I know and have learned a "bazillion" times in the past that God is stronger than all of my fears and anxieties put together! When the going gets tough, I know perfectly well that I must talk to Him about my problems as if I were talking to my best friend.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Relying on God can be very effective in managing our persistent worries and anxieties. It is not always easy to realize the fact that God is in control, and that He listens and will help us if we ask Him. I had to stop and remind myself this week to be totally reliant on Him. I rediscovered that God wants to be involved in my everyday. Giving up on my own ability and trusting His is a choice I had to make, and once I submitted and humbled myself to Him I felt a spiritual release of worry, and a spiritual calmness and peace! Sometimes it takes risking it all, and removing all obstacles that "shut" Him out. We must let God mold and shape every area of our life. If I don't trust God I better be careful, or else I may find myself blind, and my life torn apart!

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139:23-24)

RELY on God In the midst of the storm,
REST within His comforting arms.
KNOW tomorrow is safe in His hands,
TRUST even when you don't understand.

STAND fast in courage day by day,
WALK by faith when you don't know the way.
EMBRACE the Lord and abandon all fear,
BELIEVE with all your heart...
HE is near.   (Rebecca Barlow Jordan)

1 comment:

  1. Great post Denise!! I think we all do that same thing sometimes. But...GOD is faithful. HE just waits for us to finally turn it over to HIM! Then HE shows up!!

    ReplyDelete