Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Walk In Freedom

"Now the Lord is the spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Freedom is the result of God's infinite and eternal love, and when we are children of Christ we have the freedom to celebrate His love and live a full and joyful life. It's so exciting to grow in the Lord and experience freedom to truly love and serve others! The most gratifying thing for me is to care for each other and minister to someone's mind, heart, and soul by living my life as an example for all to see. Sometimes it takes every bit of discipline and energy I can muster to share my time and a positive attitude (especially when I am not feeling very positive myself!) with family and friends, but through prayer and conversation with God, He directs me and gives me strength to be a blessing in someone else's life. I feel blessed and complete when I can nourish a friend, my family, or co-workers with words or actions and boost their confidence and/or brighten their day.

"In Him (Christ) and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence" (Ephesians 3:12)

By trusting Christ, I know that I am loved and accepted to freely live for Him. It is a privilege knowing I can approach Him with freedom and confidence and experience the joy of becoming the person I am meant to be. By continuously seeking God's salvation and trusting what He has planned for me, I know that I am free to walk about in freedom. God already knows my every thought (!), and yet He wants me to talk to Him honestly and share every moment of my day with Him. He encourages me and gives me strength and freedom to look beyond my own problems and focus on other people's needs instead. The result is a "win-win" situation because it takes my mind off of my needs and situations and leaves me a feeling of great satisfaction to be of service to someone else.

"I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to Your commandments." (Psalm 119:45)

I want to live my life in a way that glorifies God, and I pray that He will continue to provide me the opportunity to lead others into the freedom that can be found in knowing Christ.

1 comment: