Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Love

Being a mother is a very blessed and meaningful role that God chose to give to me, and being the child of a mother who loved, cared, and encouraged me throughout her life is a love I carry with me every day.

My daughters were certainly a gift from the Lord..."Don't you see that children are God's best gift?" (Psalm 127:3) Caring for my children, meeting their needs, and embracing them in both joyful and troubled times, was (and still is!) a unique gift from God. He chose me to conceive the two most beautiful daughters a mother could ask for, and to have a unique and crucial role in their lives. As my role of motherhood changed  and developed as they grew, the love I shared for them never ceased; it flourished! And as a result I have been blessed with not only daughters, but best friends!

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever." (Unknown)

My mother was a precious, unique and godly woman who lived a life that brought grace and glory to our household. She was always behind me, supporting me with tons of love and patience. As I grew older, got married, had a family and also a career, nothing brought me greater pleasure than spending time with my mother. She had the most influential lead in my daughter's lives, loving them and giving them the most empowering love a grandmother could possibly give. The emptiness that I still feel now that she is gone, sometimes consumes my emotions. But I can feel her presence and know that she is forever in my heart, and continues to inspire me and the decisions I make every day!

"God could not be everywhere and therefore He made mothers!" (Jewish Proverb)

No comments:

Post a Comment